Apply to be a Program Assistant!
The Center for Campus Involvement (CCI) is a dynamic, student focused department which oversees two student program councils and their committees in planning and coordinating cultural, social, educational and recreational programs. Such programs include art exhibits, concerts, lectures, cultural showcases, films, student performances, workshops, dances, arts and crafts, late-night activities, and welcome week events. Our students implement over 300 programs each year. In addition CCI also advises the 1400 student organizations on campus and manages the Student Theatre Arts Complex (STAC), the Student Organization Resource Center (SORC) and the Michigan Union Billiards & Games Room. It is through these programs and services that our focus is to provide learning and development opportunities for students.
CCI provides programming and services across three separate student union facilities (Michigan Union, Michigan League, Pierpont Commons), each with its own unique history. CCI is currently seeking students who are interested in working as a Program Assistant.
The Program Assistant position provides students the opportunity to learn and develop in the areas of: leadership, creativity & innovation, project management, communication, and social justice.
- Create, plan, develop, promote, and implement student events and programs as assigned by a CCI Program Advisor.
- Manage specific program area (i.e. lectures, student performances, workshops, late night) and assist with other programs and projects as needed.
- Attend weekly required meetings of the assigned Program Team and Program Council.
- Complete marketing efforts for events and oversee event logistics from conception to implementation.
- Coordinate programs across the University Unions facilities (Michigan Union, Michigan League, Pierpont Commons).
- Maintain regular office hours in the Center for Campus Involvement.
Please note that if hired, no other regular employment or significant leadership position may be accepted without prior supervisor approval.
- Experience in successfully developing, planning and/or hosting student-initiated activities is desired.
- Experience in customer service is a plus.
- Creativity, problem solving, flexibility, and critical thinking skills are essential for success in this position.
- Must be able to work well with a diverse team, have strong communication skills, demonstrate a positive attitude, and a strong ability to troubleshoot situations, be responsible, organized, dependable, and willing to take initiative.
- Must be willing to work evenings and weekends as dicatated by programs, and hold regular weekday office hours.
Program Assistants will work approximately 8-10 hours per week, specifically afternoons and evenings Monday through Friday, and some weekends as dictated by programs. Starting wage is $8.50/hour with yearly increases for returning employees based on performance evaluations. The start date for the position is Fall 2014.
To apply, please complete the Program Assistant Application. Following completion of your application, you will be contacted regarding next steps in the application process.