Student Managers upload ads to a website that "pushes content" to all 20+ digital screens.
Student Managers are not here during all SORC business hours. They generally work evenings from 7:00-10:00. If you submit artwork in the morning on the day that it is scheduled to begin, the earliest that it can be posted is that evening. It will begin showing at midnight that night.
Ads must be formatted correctly before the deadline, or placement may be delayed.
Refunds are not granted for missed days of advertising due to delays caused by formatting mistakes or missed deadlines.
Technical and Content Requirements
- If you have never used the Digital Advertising service before, allow extra time.
- Digital ad files must meet technical requirements before submission. Must be a JPG file.
- Resolution must be 72 dpi.
- Pixel Size must be 1024 pixels wide, 768 pixels tall.
- Color mode must be RGB.
- The file must be an attachment; it cannot be embedded in the body of the e-mail
- PDF files cannot be accepted!
- Artwork must be "landscape" rather than "portrait." Ads must be wider than they are tall.
We can make minor modifications, but SORC is not responsible for major changes or design alterations.
The advertiser is responsible for submitting artwork that complies with SORC and University of Michigan content requirements. For more information, visit SORC Eligibility & Content
page and http://vpcomm.umich.edu/brand/usage-policies/permissions-guide
. Some, but not all, of those criteria are listed here:Some, but not all, of those criteria are listed here: Voluntary Student Organizations (VSO) may not use university marks, including the Block M, split Block M, or “University of Michigan,” “U of M,” or “U-M” preceding the name.
University departments and Sponsored Student Organization (SSO) must meet University of Michigan specifications for use of Michigan trademarks, and may not alter the Block M or any other university trademark.
If your organization is an SSO, it is your responsibility to provide written or online verification of departmental sponsorship before digital ads bearing University trademarks are submitted to SORC for placement.
If someone from your organization submits digital ads that do not meet content or other requirements, your group is not eligible for a refund or dismissal of late fees to produce artwork that meets the requirements.
The organization’s full name and contact information must appear on all digital ads in letters at least 75 pixels tall in order to be large enough to be read from a normal viewing distance.
- If SORC fails to upload your digital ad on time, we will usually offer to upload the artwork in duplicate (for no charge) to make up for lost time.
- If this is not an acceptable solution, you have the choice of 2 remedies: credit toward future SORC services or refund to department or SOAS shortcode, equivalent to the pro-rated value of time lost
- Student Managers check digital ads nightly; corrections are always made when possible.
- However, it is the advertiser’s responsibility to check their location(s) regularly, and contact SORC so that the problem can be addressed as soon as possible.
- If artwork was never submitted in the first place, SORC is not responsible for contacting the Advertiser to find out why the digital ad was not submitted.
- SORC is not responsible for refunds after the fact (if, for example, an advertiser contacts SORC in April to ask for a refund on digital that was never placed in January).
- Advertiser is not eligible for a refund or credit for lost advertising exposure.
- If you notice that an advertisement is not displaying on the screens properly, kindly notify SORC.
- If weather, staffing, or equipment conditions prohibit the posting of digital ads, SORC reserves the right to post the artwork at a later date (as soon as possible, generally within 24 hours).
- If you have any questions about digital ads that are not addressed here, email us. Thank you!