The Fall lottery takes place in mid-September every year.
- The Fall period encompasses the reservation period of September 22 through January 19.
- The lottery is a series of staggered deadlines and appointments to help you reserve the advertising you need in a structured, know-when-to-be-there format.
- Completing reservations via lottery does the following:
- maximizes the fairness of access to limited campus advertising resources.
- minimizes the amount of wait time.
- allows you to do as much as possible from the convenience of your computer.
July 7 Online reservation requests open for Bus Signs, Showcases, and Digital Ads for 9/21/14 through 1/18/15.
September 11 Online lottery application for Fall lottery closes at 10:00 p.m.
September 13 Check SORC website to find out:
- Your appointment time for Diag board reservations
- Your appointment time for Diag banner reservations
- The results of the Table Tent drawing
- The results of the Michigan Union banner drawing
September 15 In-person reservation appointments for Diag Boards and Diag Banner Poles.
September 18 Initial rolling deadline for Table Tent winners and Michigan Union banner winners.
September 30 Deadline to re-register your student organization for 2014-2015. If you reserve spaces but fail to re-register your organization, your materials will not be accepted, and you will not necessarily receive a refund. Register here.
Applications for the 4 lottery services:
Apply for the Diag Board lottery
Apply for the Diag Banner Pole lottery
Apply for the Table Tent lottery
Apply for the Michigan Union banner lottery
Other SORC services that are open but via online request:
Request Bus Sign space for now through September 21
Request Bus Sign space for September 21 through late January
Request Digital Ad space
Request Glass Showcase space
Why is there a lottery?
Read all about it here