SORC is now accepting reservation requests for bus signs for the Spring-Summer booking period, which is Monday, May 4 through Sunday, September 20.
Reservations for the Fall period, which includes September 20 through January 18, 2016, will open the week of July 6.
A few things you should know if this is your first time using this advertising medium:
- Space rental is discounted 50% during the slow months, but the choice of start/end dates is limited. Because of lower demand, SORC drivers only go to the buses once every 4 weeks, on Mondays. Start dates are:
- May 4
- June 1
- June 29
- July 27
- We resume regular weekly placement schedule on Sunday, August 23; regular prices also resume at that time. Available start dates (Sundays) are:
- August 23
- August 30
- September 6
- September 13
- Historically, the early September dates above are full, and the reservation form closed, by around the middle of June.
- SORC is closed from 4/30 through 5/3 to accommodate Commencement balloon orders.
- If you wish for your advertising to start on May 4 and you need SORC to glue-mount the signs for you, we need both the reservation request and the 30 printed signs before 6PM on Tuesday, April 28. If you are gluing them yourself or getting them hard-laminated, we just need them during regular business hours (11AM-4PM) on Monday, May 4.
- Requests for May 4 start date that are submitted after April 27 will not be eligible for SORC to glue-mount the bus signs.
- Our staff will not be processing advertising requests between April 29 at 4PM and May 4 at 11AM. If you submit a request during that time for a May 4 start date, you can assume that it is "good to go" but you won't receive an email confirmation until Monday. The signs will be due that day, and you must either glue them yourself or get them hard-laminated (or other comparable thickness).
- It is necessary to submit a separate request for each reservation.
- If there are multiple start dates or multiple sets of signs, each of these is considered a separate order, and you must submit this form once for each.
- If you want us to put up 60 signs, even if they are simply duplicates of the same ad, you will need to submit this request form twice.
- If there is a substantial gap between reservations, you can retrieve at least some of the signs after we take them down. But if not, you must be prepared to submit new printed signs for each reservation. For example:
- If you have a reservation from May 4 through June 1, and then another that starts July 27, and you want to use the same signs, you can stop in at SORC between June 1 and July 27 to retrieve as many signs as possible. Our drivers are not able to retrieve all signs right away (different buses are at the garage each time they go) so you will need to visit SORC at least twice.
- It is not likely that you will get all 30 signs back. At best, you should expect to get 20. They fall down, get sold to other customers, etc. The best way to get the most possible signs back is to visit SORC on a Tuesday morning immediately following a new placement date. Placement dates are only once every 4 weeks in the Spring-Summer, so the best time to get bus signs back are:
- May 5 (after May 4 take-down)
- June 2 (after June 1 take-down)
- June 30 (after June 29 take-down)
- July 28 (after July 27 take-down)
- It is not possible to leave up signs to continue from the Winter period into Spring-Summer, or the Spring-Summer period into Fall.
- All reservations starting May 4 (the first date of the "Spring-Summer" period) must have new signs.
- All reservations starting September 20 (the first date of the "Fall" period) must have new signs.
- If a period is full, you cannot choose a date before and after that period and expect the signs to stay up for the duration. If, for example, you would like to reserve the period of 8/30 through 9/20, but the week of 9/6-9/13 is identified as "full," you would have to submit two separate reservation requests (one for 8/30-9/6 and another for 9/13-9/20) and produce two separate sets of printed bus signs.
- Before submitting a request, it is important that you read and acknowledge the information on this page. If you've never reserved bus signs before, please take a few minutes to read through each page on the right, starting with "Advertising Services: Billing." This might take you 10-15 minutes to read, but you are responsible for educating yourself about SORC policies. If you prefer, visit SORC during regular business hours and our students can go over these policies with you in person.
- Submitting a request constitutes a financial obligation to SORC for the cost of the space. Emailing a few days later to cancel will not necessarily guarantee a full refund. Read SORC’s cancellation policy here.
Request Bus Sign space for Spring-Summer (May 4 through September 20)