The Center for Campus Invovlement offers a wide array of workshops for your student organization or department. Workshop topics range from Programming 101 to Inclusive Leadership to a Real Colors Assessment with your organization. Workshops can be requested at any time during the year and can be modified to fit your organization's needs. Note: Some workshops have a cost associated.
Check below to learn more about our workshops and to place a request.
- Recruitment and Retention: With over 40,000 studetns at the University of Michigan, there are many opportunities to recruit members to your organization. Learn how to recruit and retain members who will help grow your organization's vision and mission. Suggested time: 1 or 2 hours
- Inclusive Leadership: Inclusive environments and organizations - ones in which everyone feels a sense of belonging and value - create better teams, higher productivity, and a greater sense of connection for members. Join this session to learn more about the key practices of inclusive leadership and how to apply these concepts within your organization. Suggested time: 1 hour or 2 - 2.5 hours
- Group Dynamics: This interactive workshops will utilize current research and multiple engaging activities to assist your group in improving collaboration and (re)defining your common purpose to enhance effectiveness and stimulate creativity. Participants will learn about their group dynamics inventory and make meaning of how their current dynamics could be improved in the organization. Suggested time: 1.5 - 2 hours
- Organization Transition: Every year student organizations transition into a new executive board. Whether it's a new year, a new semester, or just new leadership, let us come assist you in creating a smooth transition for your organization! Suggested time: 1.5 - 2 hours
- Programming 101: Planning a program takes a lot of work. Let us share some tips, tricks, and best practices to make it a little easier. Learn the basics of programming, partnerships and inclusivity to help your organization through the planning process. Suggested time: 1 - 1.5 hours
- Strengths Quest ($9.99/person): Take this personal assessment to identify your top five talent themes. Then, CCI staff will facilitate a conversation to with your organization to better understand your individual and collective strengths to help you achieve academic, career, and personal success. Suggested time: 1 - 1.5 hours
- Real Colors ($10.95/person): This personality instrument will help you and your team understand your communication preferences, working styles, motivations, and group dyanmics, and discuss how to build a more effective team. Suggested time: 2 - 2.5 hours
All workshops can be tailored to meet individual needs. Interested organizations should complete the workshop request form at least 2 weeks in advance of the intended workshop date.
Questions? Contact us at email@example.com or at 734-763-5900.