Your contract is your bill for SORC services. Some contracts are completed in person, on the spot; others are completed after you submit an online request for SORC services. You do not need to process any transfers; the Student Life Billing Office does that. You just need to provide a shortcode an authorization.
For most SORC services, the timeline looks like this:
- You submit a request for services, either via webform or a video meeting.
- A SORC staff member writes a contract and sends it to you for review and approval
- We ask that you do this within 2 business days.
- If you are requesting services that need to start sooner than 2 days, you need to send the approval immediately.
- If you do not respond within the requested time, your reservation is subject to cancellation. If we cancel, you will not be charged.
- Once you authorize the charge, the contract is considered final; the Cancellation policy below is then in effect.
- Advertising contracts: We finalize the contract (and the Student Life Billing Office then processes the transfer from your shortcode to SORC) the week before the reservation begins.
- Balloon contracts: We finalize the contract after the balloon order is completed (whether by delivery or pickup).
Methods of Payment
SORC is cashless. Payment for advertising space rental may be made by transfer of funds from a university account (shortcode).
Account Transfer: Purchase orders are not necessary and are not accepted; the Student Life Billing Office bills your shortcode directly. Student organization accounts (SOAS) must be in good standing and only authorized signers may finalize contracts.
If you need to buy materials, you may not take them with you until the authorized signer for your organizations has confirmed the purchase (whether with a signature or email authorization) and it has been verified with SOAS.
Check: Arrangements must be made in advance for payment by check, and will not necessarily be approved. Student organization purchases must be made by SOAS transfer. If funding comes from an outside source, deposit the funds in your SOAS account prior to visiting SORC. When accepted, checks must have the full name and address of the party imprinted on them (no starter checks) and must be payable to "Student Organization Resource Center."
Credit Cards: SORC does not accept credit cards for advertising services. For balloon orders requested for private use, we can process a credit card via Shared Services.
Once a contract is signed by both the organization representative and SORC representative (or agreed upon electronically), it is considered final. Contracts are processed the Friday before a reservation begins, thus initiating the process by which student organization accounts and department shortcodes are billed.
Refunds for canceled services will be given the following scale, based on how far in advance of the submission deadline (not the reservation start date) cancellation requests are submitted:
22 or more days ahead 75% refund
15-21 days 50%
8-14 days 25%
0 to 7 days 0%
All cancellations are subject to management approval and must be sent in writing (via email) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Student Clerks at SORC are not authorized to accept cancellations. Cancellations will not be granted under circumstances in which the advertiser fails to meet his obligations. Refunds will generally be granted via credit toward future SORC services. When necessary, a journal entry will be processed to return funds to your shortcode.