Diag banners are effective and inexpensive, so they are very high in demand. There is a lottery at the beginning of each semester for Banner reservation appointment times. SORC does not assign banner locations to specific groups; rather, each group is assigned an appointment time at random. A representative of your group chooses from the available locations at your appointment time. Earlier appointments have better selection of the "good" spaces.Spots that remain open after appointments are available on a walk-in basis.
- Fall lottery held the second week of classes in September
- Winter lottery held the second week of classes in January
- Spring/Summer lottery held in mid- to late-April
Timeline / How and When to Reserve spaces
- During lottery week, which happens in April, September, and January (more info about lottery here), spaces can only be reserved by lottery appointment.
- Limits are imposed during lottery week (1 space per week, not to exceed 2 weeks per reservation period), but after lottery week, your organization may reserve as many banner spaces as your budget will allow
- There is a list below, but we update it manually, about once a week. To find out exactly which spaces are available, you can visit SORC anytime after the lottery. You may also call 734-764-0436 during regular business hours or email us and tell us which week(s) you are interested in, bearing in mind that choosing locations is a visual process that works best in person.
- The list below will be updated as frequently as possible, but please note that it is updated manually and therefore might not be completely up to date.
Map of Locations
Summer-September 2020 Banner spaces available:
This list was last updated Wednesday, 7/8/20 at 6:45PM
|For the period of….||Available Spaces|
|7/6-7/13||1, 2, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9|
|7/13-7/20||1, 2, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9|
|7/20-7/27||1, 2, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9|
|7/27-8/3||1, 2, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9|
|8/3-8/10||1, 2, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9|
|8/10-8/17||1, 2, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9|
|8/17-8/24||1, 2, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9|
|8/24-8/31||1, 7, 8, 9|
Dates after those listed above are part of the Fall reservation period, which includes all dates between 9/21/20-1/25/21. Learn more about that process here.