Walk-in reservations for the spaces below will start on Friday, 9/13 at 12PM. You do not need an appointment, but this must be done in person.
Diag Banner Poles are effective and inexpensive, so they are very high in demand. There is a lottery at the beginning of each semester for Banner Pole reservation appointment times. SORC does not assign banner locations to specific groups; rather, each group is assigned an appointment time at random. A representative of your group chooses from the available locations at your appointment time. Earlier appointments have better selection of the "good" spaces. Appointments are scheduled in the afternoon and evening, so as to minimize the likelihood of conflicting with students' classes. Spots that remain open after appointments are available on a walk-in basis.
- Fall lottery is held the second week of classes in September
- Winter lottery is held the second week of classes in January
- Spring/Summer lottery is held in mid- to late-April
Available Banner Pole Spaces for the Spring/Summer reservation period:
Timeline / How and When to Reserve spaces
- During lottery week, which happens in April, September, and January (more info about lottery here), spaces can only be reserved by lottery appointment.
- Limits are imposed during lottery week (1 space per week, not to exceed 4 spaces in one period), but after lottery week, your organization may return and reserve additional spaces as your budget will allow for many of the weeks in a reservation period. Note: we impose this limit throughout September, which is peak recruiting time for most organizations.
- To find out exactly what spaces are available, you can visit SORC anytime after the lottery. You may also call 734-764-0436 during regular business hours or email us and tell us which week(s) you are interested in, bearing in mind that choosing locations is a visual process that works best in person.
- The following list will be updated as frequently as possible, but please note that it is updated manually and therefore might not be completely up to date.
This list was last updated 11/18/2019 at 2:20 PM
|For the period of….||Available Spaces|
|9/16-9/23||FULL - no spaces available (this week was part of the Spring-Summer reservation period)|
|9/23-9/30||5, 6, 9|
|10/7-10/15 (extended to Tuesday)||FULL|
|10/15-10/21 (fall break)||FULL|
|12/9-12/16||4, 8, 9|
|12/16-1/13/20 (4 weeks for price of 1)||1, 8|
|1/13-1/20||4, 6, 7|
|1/20-1/27||2, 3, 6, 7, 9|
Dates after those listed above are part of the Fall reservation period, which includes all dates between 9/23/19-1/27/20. Learn more about that process here.