The Fall lottery takes place in mid-September every year and includes late September through late January advertising dates
- The Fall 2019 reservation period encompasses the dates of 9/22/19 through 1/20/20. If you are interested in reserving any SORC advertising services for the Spring-Summer period, which includes dates between 5/13/19-9/22/19, visit SORC during regular business hours or learn more about Spring-Summer advertising here.
- There is a lottery for these services (learn more below):
- Diag Boards
- Diag Banner Poles
- Table Tents
- These services can be reserved via an online request form (learn more below):
- Bus Signs
- Digital Advertising
- Glass Showcases
- Reservations appointments for the Fall 2019 reservation period are on Tuesday and/or Wednesday, 9/10-9/11.
- Diag board reservations must be done in person; read more about Diag boards here.
- Diag banner pole reservations must be done in person; read more about Banner Poles here.
- Table Tent reservations can be completed via email or in person; read more about Table Tents here.
- Bus sign reservation requests for the Spring-Summer 2019 period opened in April; space is limited. Requests for the Fall 2019 period opened in July; space is filling fast. Read more about Bus Signs here.
- New in July 2019: 20% of all Bus Sign space will be designated for student organizations.
- Digital ad reservation requests are open for the Spring-Summer 2019 and Fall 2019 periods. Read more about Digital Advertising here.
- Glass showcase reservation requests are open for the Spring-Summer 2019 and Fall 2019 periods. Read more about Showcases here.
Fall Lottery Timeline
- Sunday, June 9 Online lottery applications opened for Diag Board and Diag Banner Pole reservation appointments for Fall reservations (advertising for 9/23/19-1/20/20).
- Tuesday, June 11 Online lottery applications opened for Table Tents for Fall dates (9/22/19-1/19/20).
- Monday, July 8 Online requests open for Bus Signs, Digital Ads, and Glass Showcases for the Fall reservation period (9/22/19-1/19/20).
- Thursday, September 5 Deadline 8PM to submit Fall Lottery Applications for:
- Diag Boards
- Diag Banners
- Table Tents
- Weekend of September 7-8 Lottery results and instructions will be posted.
- Starting September 9 (all week) Winners of Table Tent lottery can complete reservations in person or via email.
- Tuesday, September 10 or Wednesday, September 11 In-person reservations for Diag Boards and Diag Banner Poles for 9/23/19-1/20/20. 10AM-8PM.
- Thursday, September 12 Deadline to finalize and submit payment for contracts started at lottery appointments, 5PM.
- Friday, September 13 In-person reservations for Diag Boards and Diag Banner Poles for 9/23/19-1/20/20 continue; no appointment is needed.
Is this your first time?
If this is your first experience with reserving advertising services, the process can be a little daunting, but we are here to help you!
- SORC is open from 11AM-4PM weekdays from May through August. Just stop in during regular business hours to talk to a knowledgeable SORC student employee who can guide you through the process. You will find us in the Underground at the Michigan League.
- You can also email us or call 734-764-0436.
- This conversation will take at least 15 minutes, so we kindly request that you arrive or call at least 30 minutes before we close.
Online Requests Forms for First-Come, First-Serve Services
Request Bus Sign space for Spring-Summer-September advertising period (8/5-9/1 is available to all; remaining spaces for the weeks of 9/1-9/22 are open only to student organizations)
Request Bus Sign space for the Fall advertising period (9/22-9/29 is open only for student organizations; 9/29-1/26/20 is currently open to all, but filling fast)
Why is there a lottery?
- Completing reservations via lottery instead of on a walk-in, first-come first-serve basis does the following:
- maximizes the fairness of access to limited campus advertising resources.
- minimizes the amount of wait time; most advertisers are in and out within 20 minutes. If we didn't have a lottery, you'd be waiting in line for hours.
- allows you to do as much as possible from the convenience of your computer.