The Fall lottery takes place in mid-September every year.
- The Fall reservation period encompasses September 21, 2015 through January 18, 2016.
- The lottery is a series of staggered deadlines and appointments to help you reserve the advertising you need in a structured, know-when-to-be-there format.
- Completing reservations via lottery does the following:
- maximizes the fairness of access to limited campus advertising resources.
- minimizes the amount of wait time.
- allows you to do as much as possible from the convenience of your computer.
Monday, 5/4 Online Fall lottery applications for Diag boards, Diag banners, Table Tents, and the Michigan Union banner open; remain open until Thursday, September 10, 2015.
Monday, 7/6 Online reservation requests for Bus Signs, Glass Showcases, and Digital Ads for September 20 through mid-January 2016 open; remain open until filled.
Thursday, 9/10 Online lottery applications for Diag boards, Diag banner poles, Table Tents, and Michigan Union banner close.
Friday-Sunday, 9/11-9/13 Check SORC website to find out:
- Your appointment time for Diag board reservations
- Your appointment time for Diag banner reservations
- The results of the Table Tent drawing
- The results of the Michigan Union banner drawing
Monday, 9/14 In-person reservation appointments for Diag Boards and Diag Banner Poles, 10AM-10PM.
Thursday, 9/17 at 12PM Initial rolling deadline for Table Tent winners and Michigan Union banner winners. Payment deadline for Diag boards and Diag banners reserved on 9/14.
Monday-Friday, 9/14-9/18 (all week) Winners of Table Tent and Union banner lottery can complete reservations in person or via email.
Friday, 9/18 The day you can reserve additional spaces, or you can line up to reserve spaces if you failed to enter the lottery, didn't show up for your appointment, or didn't pay for reserved spaces before the deadline. The day that wait-listed Table Tents are available if not reserved by the winners.
Wednesday, 9/30 Deadline to re-register your student organization for 2015-2016. If you reserve advertising spaces but fail to re-register your organization, your materials will not be accepted, and you will not necessarily receive a refund. Register here.
Applications for the 4 lottery services:
Other SORC services that are open via online request:
Request Bus Sign space for May 4 - September 20 NOTE: Bus sign space for the Spring-Summer booking period is full as of 8/19/15.
Why is there a lottery?