The Fall lottery takes place in mid-September every year.
- The Fall reservation period encompasses September 21, 2015 through January 18, 2016.
- The lottery is a series of staggered deadlines and appointments to help you reserve the advertising you need in a structured, know-when-to-be-there format.
- Completing reservations via lottery does the following:
- maximizes the fairness of access to limited campus advertising resources.
- minimizes the amount of wait time.
- allows you to do as much as possible from the convenience of your computer.
Fall lottery applications for Diag boards, Diag banners, Table Tents, and the Michigan Union banner closed on Thursday, September 10, 2015. Appointments took place on Monday, September 14.
As of September 18, SORC is accepting reservations for Diag boards and Banner poles on a walk-in basis. No appointment is needed. However, we are busy with balloons and Care Package deliveries at the early part of the day. The best time to come for assistance with a reservation is 3:00-7:00 p.m. daily.
Online reservation requests for Bus Signs, Glass Showcases, and Digital Ads for September 20 through mid-January 2016 opened on 7/6 and remain open until filled.
- Bus Sign reservation request (all September and October dates are full)
- Digital ad reservation request
- Glass showcase reservation request
Fall Lottery Timeline
Wednesday, 9/30 Deadline to re-register your student organization for 2015-2016. If you reserve advertising spaces but fail to re-register your organization, your materials will not be accepted, and you will not necessarily receive a refund. Register here.
Tuesday, December 1 Winter lottery applications open. Winter non-lottery requests open (Bus signs, Digital ads, Showcases).
Friday, January 8 Winter lottery application deadline.
Week of January 11 (date TBA, pending SORC student staff class schedules and availability) Banner Pole and Diag board reservation appointments will take place
Why is there a lottery?