The following information is applicable and up to date as of 8/5/20 at 12:00PM.
Please refer to this page for the most up-to-date information about SORC services and hours.
Hours of operation
The Michigan Union will reopen on Monday, 8/10. An M-card will be required for access to the building SORC continues to offer remote support from 10AM-6PM weekdays. SORC staff are available for remote support from 10AM-4:45PM weekdays until the start of classes. At that time, we will resume our regular hours of operation. Before coming to see us, please consider whether it is necessary. If you want information, we are happy to provide it over the phone or via a Zoom call. To drop off materials, we are here for you! Remember that you must wear a mask whenever you are on campus grounds; this is especially important indoors. If you need to drop off materials or other in-person assistance, SORC is here at the following times:
- Friday, 8/7 1PM-4PM (the building is not open, so please call first; 734-764-0436)
- Monday, 8/10 through Friday, 8/28 WEEKDAYS ONLY 10AM-4:45PM (You will need your M-card to get into the building)
- Starting Monday, 8/31
- 10AM-6PM Monday through Friday
- Closed Saturday and Sunday
The following "in person" services will resume as noted:
- Table/Chair rentals will resume when classes begin (more below)
- Balloon deliveries will resume the last week of August (more below)
- Fax/copy services will resume on 8/10
When can I reserve advertising services?
- For dates in August and September, please visit the Summer Lottery page
- For dates in late September through mid January, please visit the Fall Lottery page
Will I get money back for my Winter advertising contract?
SORC is offering full credit toward future SORC reservations for advertising contracts IF YOU REACH OUT TO US.
- If you wish to cancel, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate (1) the name of your group, (2) contract number, and (3) which services you wish to cancel. If you wish to cancel some, but not all, please specify.
- In order to help us remain organized and dutiful, we cannot accept cancellations over the phone.
- If your advertisement is already up, we will not take it down unless we hear from you. You will not receive credit for unused spaces if we don't receive an email asking us to cancel your contract.
When can I pick up my Diag board or banner that was taken down?
We did not throw away any advertisements that came down between 3/16 and May 1. We will hold onto all items until summer. Please reach out or stop by to pick up your materials before September 18. If you call or email ahead, we will have the item(s) ready and waiting for you, so you only have to be at SORC for a minute. Please do not wait until the end of Fall. We cannot hold onto items that long.
Can I still get balloons?
We are unable to offer balloons while the Michigan Union is closed.
Since student employees are crucial to this offering, we cannot guarantee balloon deliveries for August events, including Welcome activities. The Balloon Order webform will accept requests for PICKUPS starting August 14 and DELIVERIES starting August 31.
Can I still rent tables and chairs?
We are not able to offer table/chair rentals while the Michigan Union is closed. This service will resume when classes resume, with additional safety/sanitization protocols in place.