This is the application for a 2nd-round advertising reservation appointment for Fall 2022.
How 2nd-round reservations work:
- The deadline to apply for a first-round appointment was Sunday, 7/31. First-round appointments will take place the week of August 8-12. By submitting this form, you are requesting the next available appointment time, listed on this page (scroll to the "Second Round Appointments" table).
- You may reserve both Diag boards and Banner Poles at the same second-round appointment.
- The Fall 2022 reservation period includes the dates of Monday, 8/29/22 through Monday, 1/9/23.
- Diag boards and Banner Pole spaces are reserved one week at a time (Monday through Monday). There is a rental cost for each week.
- Anyone from your organization can reserve spaces at the appointment. See below for more information about signing the contract.
- The deadline to sign the contract and authorize the charge to your account is 2 business days after your appointment.
How to prepare for your appointment:
- When we receive your request (this form), we will assign you the first available appointment time and email you to notify you of that appointment. You can write back to request a different time, but bear in mind that the earlier your appointment, the greater your access to high-visibility spaces. If other groups reserve spaces before you, your options will be limited.
- A list of available advertising spaces is published on the Diag Board availability and Banner Pole availability pages of the SORC website. Check these pages before your appointment to see which spaces are available for you to reserve.
- Anyone from your organization can reserve spaces; we will record these spaces on a contract. The contract must be authorized within 48 hours by someone with the authority to do so. Contracts not signed within 48 hours will be voided, and you will not be charged. Those spaces will be released to other groups.
- Whoever joins our Zoom call for your group's appointment will need to know:
- What is the date of your event? What period of time do you want to advertise for?
- What is your preferred area for advertising? (Diag? North Campus? Hill Area?)
- It will be helpful for them to have a general sense of the budget.
Important things to bear in mind (we will tell you more at your appointment and via email):
- The materials that you submit to SORC must meet construction requirements. Please familiarize yourself with them, especially if you have never made Diag boards or Banners before.
- SORC observes and enforces content, trademark, and logo policies established by the University of Michigan. All student organizations and university departments must agree to these content standards and submit materials that comply with them. The name on your application (and subsequently on your contract) must be the name that appears on your advertsising materials. To educate yourself about these standards before investing in the materials for your advertisements, visit the Eligibility & Content Requirements page of the SORC website and/or vpcomm.umich.edu/brand