Please complete this form to request a balloon delivery of a single bouquet to an individual in campus housing, off campus housing, or any campus building (not including the Medical Campus). If you want balloons for an event, please use our Event Balloon Request.
COVID closure notice
The Student Organization Resource Center is closed at this time. No one is there to write contracts, send confirmations, or prepare weights and inventory until the Michigan Union reopens. If it is determined that campus will be open for fall classes, the earliest available balloon delivery dates are:
- Pick up or delivery in the Michigan Union: Monday, August 24
- Delivery elsewhere on campus: Friday, September 4
Generally, we need 3 business days' notice for deliveries (more notice is greatly appreciated). However, this depends greatly on the size and complexity of the order, availability of products, time of year, and staffing. SORC is staffed by students; their academic commitments come first!
SORC is closed and is therefore not able to accommodate any orders (pickup or delivery) at these times:
*SORC opens at 10AM during the academic year, 11AM during the spring and summer; deliveries before SORC opens require the recruiting of additional staff. Because SORC employees are all students, deliveries in the morning are sometimes not possible. The earliest available delivery time depends on the size of your order and the destination. If you have an early morning event, please request delivery for the day before your event; you will need to have a safe space to store the balloons overnight. A product called Hi-float, which prolongs the float life of balloons, will be necessary. There is an additional expense for this.
Here are some general guidelines for the academic year (early September through late April):
This is a request only; a Student Balloon Coordinator (SBC) will respond within 2 business days to confirm pricing and verify other details. If no one has responded after 2 business days, please e-mail email@example.com.
- There are some blackout dates for deliveries:
- Fall Break (mid October, annually)
- Thanksgiving Break
- Winter Break
- Outside regular SORC business hours*
- Spring Break (early March, usually)
- Memorial Day Weekend
- Independence Day Weekend
- During academic breaks (between one semester and the next; this includes Fall break and Spring break)
- This form will force you to choose a delivery date that is at least 3 days in the future. If you hope for delivery sooner, please call SORC at 734-764-0436 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire about next-day delivery.
- SORC opens at 10:00 Monday through Friday.
- We only make recognition deliveries on weekdays between 12PM-5PM.
- We are not able to accommodate weekend deliveries or morning deliveries.
- All recognition bouquets will be inflated with "Hi Float," a product that prolongs the float time of balloons. If the recipient is celebrating a birthday on a Saturday or Sunday, we will deliver it on Friday and they will be able to enjoy it for the whole weekend.
- For off-campus housing deliveries: We are not able to deliver at a specific time. Please indicate on the request form what might be a good time to deliver (when will the recipient be home?), and we will make every effort to accommodate.
- For residence hall deliveries: the balloons will be delivered to the Community Center, not to the recipient's private room.
- View available balloon colors and bouquet options before you decide