Please complete this form to request a balloon delivery of 1-4 bouquets to an individual in campus housing, off campus housing, or any campus building (not including the Medical Campus).
If you want multiple bouquets of balloons for an event and are paying with a shortcode, please use our Event Balloon Request.
How far in advance should I order?
During the academic year: Generally, we need 5 business days' notice for recognition order deliveries. However, this depends greatly on staffing.
During the summer: we need a week's notice for all balloon orders. Summer deliveries are based on the availability of our lone student driver; delivery is available only after 12PM and is not guaranteed.
Depending on the volume of orders and staffing levels each day, we are sometimes able to accommodate last-minute requests. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 734-764-0436 if you wish for a delivery within 3 business days. It might seem counter-intuitive, but e-mail is usually more effective than a phone call.
SORC opens at 10AM during the academic year; our drivers deliver between 12PM-5:30PM. If you would like the recipient to have their balloons first thing in the morning (on a birthday, for instance), please request delivery for the day before. A product called Hi-float, which prolongs the float life of balloons, is included in all latex balloons for recognition bouquets, so they will still be fresh and lovely the day after we deliver them.
The form you are about to fill out is a request only; a Student Balloon Coordinator (SBC) will respond within 2 business days to confirm pricing and verify other details. If no one has responded after 2 full business days, please e-mail email@example.com.
This service is coordinated and provided by student employees; their academic commitments come first. To that end, there are some dates that we are not able to deliver:
- Outside regular SORC business hours (we are closed on weekends)
- Fall Break
- Thanksgiving Break
- During academic breaks (between one semester and the next)
- Spring Break
- Memorial Day Weekend
- Independence Day
During the school year, this form will allow you to submit a request up to 4 months in advance. Our student staff changes every semester, so this is an important limit for us to impose from a quality control perspective. If you submit too far in advance, the person who handles your request might have graduated, been promoted, or left for other pursuits by the time the order comes around.
- A delivery fee will be added to all orders. This fee is based on geographic location and distance from our "home base" in the Michigan Union.
- Although we can't list all addresses around campus, here is a price list that gives you a good idea of how much to expect for the delivery fee.
- State sales tax will be added to the cost of goods (the balloons) but not the delivery fee. Michigan sales tax is 6%.
- SORC is open from 10:00-6:00 Monday through Friday during the academic year.
- We only make recognition deliveries on weekdays between 12PM-5PM.
- We are not able to accommodate weekend deliveries or morning deliveries.
- All recognition bouquets will be inflated with "Hi Float," a product that prolongs the float time of balloons. If the recipient is celebrating a birthday on a Saturday or Sunday, we will deliver it on Friday and they will be able to enjoy it for the whole weekend.
- For off-campus housing deliveries: We are not able to deliver at a specific time. Please indicate on the request form what might be a good time to deliver (when will the recipient be home?), and we will make every effort to accommodate.
- For residence hall deliveries: the balloons will be delivered to the Community Center, not to the recipient's private room.
- We encuorage you to view available balloon colors and bouquet options before you decide. These links will open in new windows, so you can come back to this window to proceed to the order form.