Organization Essentials is a required training for all Authorized Signers within an organization designed to share basic knowledge on student organization policies and procedures on campus. The training consists of four focus areas which include Leadership, Policies, Finance, and Meeting/Events. Organization Essentials is offered online through Canvas. All Authorized Signers must complete this training as part of the registration process for student organizations. Failure to have all Authorized Signers complete the training before the September 30 registration deadline will result in your organization becoming frozen.
For the 2019-2020 training click HERE. Note: You will need to sign into Canvas to take the training.
New Student Organizations:
New student organizations will complete Organization Essentials training in person as part of the registration process. When completing the New Student Organization Intake form on Maize Pages, you will select a date for the training you can attend.
Organization Essentials Requirements:
- All nominated Authorized Signers must complete the training to complete the registration process for their organization.
- Complete the Pre-Test, Training, and Post-Test.
- To receive credit for the training, you must complete the Post-Test and recieve a 70% or higher score.
- If you recieve lower than a 70%, you must retake the Post-Test until you achieve the designated score. The Post-Test can be taken as many times as needed.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQS)
- I took Organization Essentials Training last year. Do I have to take it again?
- Yes. The training must be completed annually regardless if you have completed the training before. New information is added every year, therefore we need to ensure Student Organizations have the most up to date information.
- When do I receive confirmation that I have completed the training?
- You will receive an email confirmation that you have completed all necessary steps to become an Authorized Signer, which also indicates you have successfully completed the training.
- Who should take this training?
- Your organization must have all Authorized Signers take the training. We also suggest someone who will be willing and able to share important training information with your organization at large.
- What happens if I don't complete a training?
- Your organization's registration will not be processed, and will become frozen after the September 30 registration deadline.
- I missed the September 30 deadline. Can I still take the training?
- Yes, you can still take the training. Once all Authorized Signers complete Organization Essentials, we will make your organization active again.
- I'm an Authorized Signer for multiple organizations. Can my training count as certification for all my orgs?
- Yes! If you are an Authorized Signer for multiple organizations, you may count your training for all of your groups.
If you have any questions or concerns please let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.