PLEASE DIRECT ALL QUESTIONS RELATED TO THE DIAG/GROVE TO: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that we require a minimum of 72 hours to coordinate a basic event. If your event requires additional details (amplified sound requests, electricity, trash, etc...), at least two weeks of lead time is required.
For the most up to date policies regarding outdoor event usage, please visit the Facility and Operations Outdoor Events page. Though reservations for the Diag and Grove are handled by the Center for Campus Involvment, we work in tandem with the Outdoor Events team to enusre consistent policies and enforcement measures.
How do I reserve these spaces?
We’ve outlined everything you need to know to reserve the Central Campus Diag and North Campus Gerstacker Grove (hereafter referred to as "The Diags") into 3 easy steps.
Before Completing the Application:
- Applicants must be Authorized Signers of a recognized student organization and/or be affiliated with a University department.
- A University Shortcode will be required for all organizations in the request. Although the Diag is free of charge, this will be used in case of damages or other approved charges.
- If you are requesting Electricity, Amplification or any other Diag Services, fees may be applicable.
- DO NOT assume your event has been approved until you receive a confirmation in writing.
Click the button below to get started:
PLEASE NOTE: ALL RESERVATIONS DO NOT COME WITH FURNITURE PROVIDED.
What is the Diag?
The Diag is the brick space including the "M" and the concrete benches at the foot of the steps of Hatcher Graduate Library. You might hear people refer to it as "The Diag Proper." All sidewalks, grassy areas, plazas, etc. in the surrounding area are coordinated by a different office, Facilities & Operations. Here is a link to the F&O space request form. If you wish to have an event that includes both the Diag and the grassy areas and sidewalks, please submit both requests.
What is the Grove?
The Grove is the North Campus Diag. All sidewalks, grassy areas, plazas, etc. in the surrounding area are coordinated by a different office, Facilities & Operations. Here is a link to the F&O space request form. If you wish to have an event that includes both the Grove and the grassy areas and sidewalks, please submit both request.
Outdoor Space Use Policy Note
All outdoor events, including those held on the Diag and/or Grove are subject to the Facilities and Operations Outdoor Events policies. Read those policies on the Facilities and Operations website.
Looking for where specific information lives? See the index to skip ahead to what you’re looking for:
- Campus Impact Considerations
- Diag Event Planning Resources
- Central Campus Diag Event Types
- North Campus Gerstacker Grove Event Types
- How do I know which type of space to request?
- Diag Use Policy
These spaces are managed by the Center for Campus Involvement, University Unions. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact 734-763-5900, email@example.com.