In addition to the large amount of open space in the IdeaHub, there are also 7 meeting rooms, 2 movement studios, and a creation studio that your student organization can reserve. Student organizations can reserve this space for no cost and AV is included in the meeting rooms and movement studios.
Getting Ready to Reserve a Room
Online room reservations for the IdeaHub are open now in EMS for dates in the winter semester (January 15 - April 22, 2020). Before you start booking, follow the steps below to ensure that you’re ready to start booking!
- Make sure you have an EMS account. If you’ve already been using EMS to book rooms elsewhere on campus, you’re good to go. If you still need an account, sign up today! It’s a simple process, but please allow a little extra time for your account to be approved.
- Read the IdeaHub Space Use Policy. The more you know about the limitations and expectations that go with using IdeaHub space, the more prepared you’ll be to start reserving!
- Take a look at the available rooms and FAQs below. Some quick facts about the IdeaHub reservable space can be found on this page. More detailed information can be found in the IdeaHub Space Use Policy.
Ready to reserve? Visit campusinvolvement.umich.edu/ideahub/rooms/reserve for full room reservation instructions.
Rooms Available to Reserve
The IdeaHub meeting rooms are the perfect place for an executive board meeting, collaboration check-in or committee work session. A digital screen is available in each room for projecting from your computer, and adapters/cords are available.
- Number of Rooms: 7
- Capacities: 4-12 people. See policy for capacities for specific rooms.
- Features: Chairs, tables, and a digital screen. (except Room IH 2430)
Note: Meeting rooms are available to student organizations on a first-come, first-served basis when not reserved. All reservations will be honored as priority usage.
Reserve a movement studio in the IdeaHub for performance arts rehearsals, movement exercises, and other activities where you just need a little more room to stretch out. Each movement studio has mirrors, built-in sound systems and access to a keyboard.
- Number of Rooms: 2
- Capacity: 49 people each.
- Features: Built-in sound systems, keyboards, mirrored walls and barre, wood floors (safe for tap shoes).
The creation studio is specifically set up so that you can get a little messy! Painting diag boards? Making posters? Making something for an event or performance? Bring your own materials and head to the Creation Studio to get it done!
- Number of Rooms: 1
- Capacity: 13 people
- Features: Sink, drying racks.
Read the full IdeaHub Space Use Policy for more information
Room Reservation FAQs
- How much does it cost to reserve a room in the IdeaHub?
- All IdeaHub reservable spaces are FREE to reserve for registered student organizations and AV is also included at no charge.
- Who can reserve rooms in the IdeaHub?
- Authorized Signers with EMS accounts can make reservations in the IdeaHub at any time through the EMS portal.
- If you need to be made an Authorized Signer, you should contact your organization's current Authorized Signers about the process.
- If you're having difficulty with this process, visit campusinvolvement.umich.edu/ideahub/rooms/reserve for step-by-step instructions or come to the IdeaHub and talk with an Organization Peer Advisor.
- Do I have to have a reservation to use the IdeaHub?
- There is plenty of space in the IdeaHub that is available without a reservation! All non-reservable space is available on a first-come, first-served basis. You can just walk in and grab an open table.
- Meeting rooms are available on a first-come, first-served basis when not previously reserved. Reservations will be held in compliance with the no-show policy.
- Movement studios and the creation studio do require a reservation.
- Can I reserve an IdeaHub space for my group project, tutoring session, or other reason unrelated to a student organization?
- No. In order to make sure that the IdeaHub is available for student organizations when they need it, all reservations must have a student org purpose.
- Do room reservation limits apply to me as an individual or to my whole organization?
- Room reservation limits are applied by organization.
- Meeting rooms are available on a first-come, first-served basis when not previously reserved. Using the meeting rooms without a reservation will not count toward your reservation totals.
- If multiple people plan to reserve rooms for your organization, make sure you are communicating with one another.
- If you plan to reserve rooms for multiple organizations, always check which organization you are reserving for before finalizing the reservation in EMS.
- If I notice a room is unreserved/not being used, how can I get access to use it?
- For Meeting Rooms: Meeting rooms are available for student organization drop-in use when not previously reserved. Please be advised that reservation schedules will be posted and enforced.
- For Movement Studios & the Creation Studio: Find an Organizational Peer Advisor (OPA) in the IdeaHub. The OPAs can make a reservation for you on the spot and unlock the room for you. On-the-spot reservations will count toward your room reservation limits.
- Movement Studios and the Creation Studio will remain locked when not in use.
- How can I reserve storage space in the IdeaHub?
- Large storage spaces will be allocated by application starting in 2021.
- Storage lockers by the Movement Studios are available on a first-come, first-served basis and may only be used until the IdeaHub closes. Any personal items left in the IdeaHub lockers after it closes each day will be taken to Lost & Found at the Campus Information Desk (1st Floor, Michigan Union).