Due to COVID-19, all IdeaHub Meeting Rooms have been transitioned to reservable study spaces for the Fall 2020 semester. You can reserve a table in an IdeaHub meeting room for study by visiting the Study Spaces at UM Reservations Page.
In addition to the large amount of open space in the IdeaHub, there are also 7 meeting rooms, 2 movement studios, and a creation studio that your student organization can reserve. Student organizations can reserve this space for no cost and AV is included in the meeting rooms and movement studios.
Getting Ready to Reserve a Room
Online room reservations for the IdeaHub are open now in EMS for dates in the winter semester (August 31 - November 20, 2020). Before you start booking, follow the steps below to ensure that you’re ready to start booking!
- Make sure you have an EMS account. If you’ve already been using EMS to book rooms elsewhere on campus, you’re good to go. If you still need an account, sign up today! It’s a simple process, but please allow a little extra time for your account to be approved.
- Read the IdeaHub Space Use Policy. The more you know about the limitations and expectations that go with using IdeaHub space, the more prepared you’ll be to start reserving!
- Take a look at the available rooms and FAQs below. Some quick facts about the IdeaHub reservable space can be found on this page. More detailed information can be found in the IdeaHub Space Use Policy.
Ready to reserve? Visit campusinvolvement.umich.edu/ideahub/rooms/reserve for full room reservation instructions.
Rooms Available to Reserve
The IdeaHub meeting rooms are the perfect place for an executive board meeting, collaboration check-in or committee work session. A digital screen is available in each room for projecting from your computer, and adapters/cords are available.
- Number of Rooms: 5
- Capacities: 2 people. See policy for capacities for specific rooms. (NOTE - Due to COVID-19, room capacities have been capped at 2 individuals total per room).
- Features: Chairs, tables, and a digital screen.
Note: Meeting rooms are available to student organizations on a first-come, first-served basis when not reserved. All reservations will be honored as priority usage.
Movement Studios - Currently NOT Available for Reservation
Reserve a movement studio in the IdeaHub for performance arts rehearsals, movement exercises, and other activities where you just need a little more room to stretch out. Each movement studio has mirrors, built-in sound systems and access to a keyboard.
- In accordance with COVID-19 health and safety measures, Movement Studios ARE NOT CURRENTLY AVAILABLE FOR RESERVATIONS.
- Number of Rooms: 2
- Capacity: 20 people each
- Features: Built-in sound systems, keyboards, mirrored walls and barre, wood floors (safe for tap shoes).
Creation Studio- Currently NOT Available for Reservation
The creation studio is specifically set up so that you can get a little messy! Painting diag boards? Making posters? Making something for an event or performance? Bring your own materials and head to the Creation Studio to get it done!
- In accordance with COVID-19 health and safety measures, the Creation Studio IS NOT CURRENTLY AVAILABLE FOR RESERVATIONS.
- Number of Rooms: 1
- Capacity: 8 people (NOTE - Due to COVID-19, room capacities have been capped at 4 individuals total per room).
- Features: Sink, drying racks.
Read the full IdeaHub Space Use Policy for more information
Room Reservation FAQs
- How much does it cost to reserve a room in the IdeaHub?
- All IdeaHub reservable spaces are FREE to reserve for registered student organizations.
- Who can reserve rooms in the IdeaHub?
- Authorized Signers with EMS accounts can make reservations in the IdeaHub at any time through the EMS portal.
- If you need to be made an Authorized Signer, you should contact your organization's current Authorized Signers about the process.
- If you're having difficulty with this process, visit campusinvolvement.umich.edu/ideahub/rooms/reserve for step-by-step instructions or come to the IdeaHub and talk with an Organization Peer Advisor.
- Do I have to have a reservation to use the IdeaHub?
- There is plenty of space in the IdeaHub that is available without a reservation! All non-reservable space is available on a first-come, first-served basis. You can just walk in and grab an open table.
- Meeting rooms must be reserved 24 hours in advance. Due to COVID-19, all meeting rooms will be sanitized before and after each use, so same-day usage without a reservation will not be permitted. . Reservations will be held in compliance with the no-show policy.
- Movement studios and the creation studio do require a reservation. Due to COVID-19, all studios will be closed for at least the first four weeks of the semester.
- Can I reserve an IdeaHub space for my group project, tutoring session, or other reason unrelated to a student organization?
- No. In order to make sure that the IdeaHub is available for student organizations when they need it, all reservations must have a student org purpose.
- Do room reservation limits apply to me as an individual or to my whole organization?
- Room reservation limits are applied by organization.
- Meeting rooms are available on a first-come, first-served basis when not previously reserved. Using the meeting rooms without a reservation will not count toward your reservation totals.
- If multiple people plan to reserve rooms for your organization, make sure you are communicating with one another.
- If you plan to reserve rooms for multiple organizations, always check which organization you are reserving for before finalizing the reservation in EMS.
- How can I reserve storage space in the IdeaHub?
- Storage lockers by the movement studios are not currently active due to COVID-19.