A Donation is giving money to an organization while not receiving any goods or services in return. For example, your organization donates money to a particular charity.
Both VSOs and SSOs are allowed to make donations. SSOs should verify with their sponsoring department that they are should process their donation through SOAS. VSOs are permitted to donated out of their regular SOAS account. DF accounts are no longer required. Only donations to charities are allowed; donations to individuals are not permitted.
Members of student organizations are not allowed to front the money for this type of transaction and then be reimbursed.
Donation Payment Process
NOTE: Only Authorized Signers can create purchase requests.
- Log in to your Dashboard.
- Click on "Purchase Request" link
- Select "Donation" for the type of Purchase Request.
- Fill out necessary information (Purpose of the donation, how the funds were raised)
- Attach a Substitute W9. If you are donating to an international company, please have them fill out a W-8BEN-E form.
- If the company has already been paid in the last 12 months, a check will be ready in 7 business days
- If the company has not been paid in the last 12 months, a check will be ready in 10 business days
For more information or help regarding the Donation process, refer to the online guidebook for SOAS.