Each school, college, division, etc. may determine at what level sponsorship may be conveyed.
- Some schools keep sponsorship at the school level and require a dean’s signature.
- Some schools have delegated the determination to departments, requiring the signature of the chair.
- The signatory on behalf of the University must be a person who has the authority to contractually bind the University.
- The authority to enter into contracts is a delegated power from the Regents.
- If you don’t know if you have the authority to enter into a contract, it is likely that you do not. Check with your executive officer or dean for clarification.
- Note that “The University is not bound by and does not recognize as binding any promise or obligation made by an unauthorized person.” For more information, please see the University’s Signature Authority site: Signature Authority Tables/Authority to Contract.