Effectiveness of locations varies according to each group's needs. For example, if you are advertising for a weekly meeting in the Union, your need might be different than someone advertising for a concert at the MLB. But each location has 1-4 sides. SORC maps are numbered such that side "1" is best, "2" is next best, and so on. These numbers are based on historical preference.
There are three classifications of Diag boards, based on location and orientation. Those spaces that are selected first during every reservation period have higher ratings.
- Prime spaces are those that are highest in demand.
- Standard spaces are the next highest in demand.
- Economy spaces are the least popular spaces.
Below are the rankings of locations as of late August 2022. Please note that the rankings of locations could change in future semesters, based on experienced demand. Always check the maps on this page rather than versions you might have printed in the past.
- Tier 1 'Prime' Locations: A1, A2, C1, C2, D1, D2, E1, E2, E3, F1, F2, G1, G2, G3, H1, H2, I1, I2, I3, I4, W1, W2, J1, J2, M1, M2, N1, N2, O1, O2, P1, P2, S1, T1, T2, T3, U1
- Tier 2 'Standard' Locations: A3, B1, B2, C3, C4, D3, D4, E4, F3, F4, G4, H3, H4, W3, W4, K1, K2, K3, L1, L2, P3, Q1, Q2, Q3, R1, R2, S2, U2
- Tier 3 'Economy' Locations: B3, K4, L3, M3, N3, O3, R3, R4, U3, V1, V2
Note: Be sure that you are looking at a current copy of a SORC map; if you printed one, it might no longer be accurate.
As noted above, Diag boards are generally ranked such that side "1" is the most popular direction on that unit, side 2 is next-most popular, etc. We sometimes change the numbering of locations based on popularity and construction projects that change foot traffic patterns. We never do this in the middle of the year; such changes only happen over summer.
Diag Board Maps
- Central Campus Overview
- North Campus Overview