Diag banners are effective and inexpensive, so they are very high in demand. There is a drawing at the beginning of each semester for Banner reservation appointment times. SORC does not assign banner spaces to specific groups; rather, each group is assigned an appointment time at random. A representative of your group chooses from the available spaces at your appointment time. Earlier appointments have better selection of the "good" spaces. Spaces that remain open after appointments are available on a walk-in basis.
- Fall reservations week held in August
- Winter reservations week held in December
- Summer reservations week held in April
Map of Locations
Summer Diag Banner Pole spaces available:
This page was last updated at 12:00PM on Wednesday, 8/3/22.
If you are a new user and would like to request a reservation appointment, please submit this brief request form. Reservation appointments for first-time users will be via Zoom.
If you are a "seasoned" SORC renter, an appointment is not necessary. We are happy to schedule an appointment if you want one, but if you're comfortable choosing your own locations, just send us an email with this information.
|8/15-8/22||1, 2, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9|
|8/22-8/29||1, 2, 4, 6, 7, 8, 9|
Fall Diag Banner Pole spaces available:
This page was last updated at 4:00PM on Friday, 8/12/22.
If you would like to request a second-round appointment, submit this brief request form. The information on the form is important, so please take the time to read it before you submit.
|8/29-9/5||No spaces available|
|9/5-9/12||No spaces available|
|9/12-9/19||No spaces available|
|9/19-9/26||No spaces available|
|10/17-10/24 (continuations only; no new placements)||7, 8|
|10/24-10/31||2, 7, 8|
|10/31-11/7||2, 7, 8, 9|
|11/7-11/14||2, 4, 8, 9|
|11/14-11/21||2, 3, 4, 8, 9|
|11/21-11/28||1, 2, 4, 6, 8, 9|
|11/28-12/5||1, 2, 4, 6, 8, 9|
|12/5-12/12||1, 2, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9|
|12/12-1/9/23 (4 weeks for the price of one)||1, 2, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9|
Applications for Winter reservations will open in November, no later than Thanksgiving. Reservation appointments for Winter advertising will take place in early December via Zoom.
Timeline / How and When to Reserve spaces
- During the first round of advertising reservations, which happens in April, August, and December (more info about the process below), spaces can only be reserved by appointment. To get a first-round appointment, you must submit an application before a specified deadline. If you don't submit an application for the first round, you can schedule an appointment for the second round. Note: selection is typically very limited after the first round of appointments (some weeks there are no banner spaces available at all), so it is to your group's advantage to apply in advance!
- Limits are imposed during the first round of reservations (limits may vary based on demand), but after the first round, your organization may reserve as many banner spaces as your budget will allow. Even after the first round of appointments, we impose the limit during the "peak" recruiting time of late August through mid-September. Current limits are:
- Fall limit: 1 space per week, not to exceed 4 spaces in the Fall reservation period.
- Winter limit: 1 space per week, not to exceed 4 spaces in the Winter reservation period.
- Summer limit: 1 space per week, no limit on duration.