Diag banners are effective and inexpensive, so they are very high in demand. There is a drawing at the beginning of each semester for Banner reservation appointment times. SORC does not assign banner spaces to specific groups; rather, each group is assigned an appointment time at random. A representative of your group chooses from the available spaces at your appointment time. Earlier appointments have better selection of the "good" spaces. Spaces that remain open after appointments are available on a walk-in basis.
- Fall lottery held in August
- Winter lottery held in December
- Summer lottery held in April
Map of Locations
Fall 2021 Banner spaces available:
This page was last updated at 2:50PM on Friday, 10/8/21
If you wish to reserve one or more of the spaces below, please submit this simple form to request an appointment.
|For the period of….||Available Spaces|
|10/11 through 10/18||1, 7, 9|
|10/18 through 10/25||5, 6, 7, 9|
|10/25 through 11/1||NO SPACES AVAILABLE|
|11/1 through 11/8||NO SPACES AVAILABLE|
|11/8 through 11/15||NO SPACES AVAILABLE|
|11/15 through 11/22||1, 2, 7, 8, 9|
|11/22 through 11/29||1, 2, 3, 5, 7, 8, 9|
|11/29 through 12/6||1, 2, 5, 7, 8, 9|
|12/6 through 12/13||1, 2, 3, 5, 7, 8, 9|
|12/13 through 1/10/22 (4 weeks for the price of 1 week)||1, 2, 3, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9|
To receive information about reserving spaces after 1/10/22, please subscribe to the SORC mailing list.
Timeline / How and When to Reserve spaces
- During lottery week, which happens in April, August, and December (more info about lottery here), spaces can only be reserved by lottery appointment. To get a first-round appointment, you must submit a lottery application. If you don't submit a lottery application, you may reserve spaces on a first-come, first-serve basis after lottery appointments are complete. Note: selection is typically very limited after lottery appointments (some weeks there are no banner spaces available at all), so it is to your group's advantage to apply for the lottery!
- Limits are imposed during lottery week (1 space per week, not to exceed 3 weeks per reservation period), but after lottery week, your organization may reserve as many banner spaces as your budget will allow.
- Fall/Winter limit: 1 spaces per week, not to exceed 3 spaces in one reservation period.
- Summer limit: varies by year.
- Even after lottery appointments, we impose the limit during the "peak" recruiting time of late August through mid-September.
- There is a list below, but we update it manually. We do this frequently during first-round and second-round appointments, but after that rush, we only update it about once a week. To find out if this list is up to date, call 734-764-0436 during regular business hours or email us and tell us which week(s) you are interested in. Bear in mind that choosing locations is a visual process that works best in a live, interactive setting. We welcome a visit, or we would be happy to set up a video call.