Terms of your Table Tent Reservation Contract
The Student Organization Resource Center (SORC) agrees to render services as stated on the contract; the Advertiser agrees to pay for services as stated on the contract and abide by the following terms.
Payment and Cancellation
- Cancellations must be arranged with the Manager in writing (email is best), addressed to email@example.com. Include in your request:
- Group name
- Contract number
- Exact dates that you'd like to cancel
- SOAS/departmental shortcode
- SORC Student clerks cannot grant refunds. Manager review and approval is required.
- Refunds will be issued as a credit toward future SORC services or shortcode credit via journal entry according to the following scale:
|If you cancel your reservation 0 to 7 days before the start date||0% refund|
|If you cancel your reservation 8-14 days before the start date||25% refund|
|If you cancel your reservation 15-21 days before the start date||50% refund|
|If you cancel your reservation 22 days or more before the start date||75% refund|
Submitting Your Table Tents for Placement
- Advertisers are responsible for reading and abiding by and content guidelines for this service and submitting the materials. See below for details.
- SORC drivers place table tents for you; advertisers may not place table tents themselves.
- All materials must be submitted prior to the deadline for placement.
- Table Tents are due at SORC by 2PM on Thursday, so our staff has time to pre-load them into vinyl sleeves so that our drivers can place them on Sunday.
- NOTE: Deadlines vary greatly during holidays and breaks.
- If you submit table tents that are too large, we will not be able to place them. You will not be eligible for a refund if you submit signs that are the wrong size and SORC is not able to accommodate them.
Construction and Content Requirements
- Quantity: 150
- Table Tents must meet construction and size requirements before submission. If you have never used the Table service before, allow extra time.
- The sign holders into which we place table tent inserts are 4x6". Table tent paper inserts can be smaller than this, but not larger.
- Note: if you cut a regular 8.5x11" piece of paper into quarters, they are a little too wide. You must cut 1/2 inch off the side margin before cutting into quarter sheets.
- Regular paper is ok, but card stock is recommended.
- Lamination is not necessary.
- You can find the full construction guidelines here.
- The advertiser is responsible for submitting materials that comply with SORC and University of Michigan content requirements. For more information, visit SORC Eligibility & Content page and vpcomm.umich.edu/brand. Some, but not all, of those criteria are listed here:
- The organization’s full name and contact information must appear on all table tents in letters at least 1/4” tall in order to be large enough to be read from a normal viewing distance.
- Voluntary Student Organizations (VSO) may not use university marks, including the Block M, split Block M, or “University of Michigan,” “U of M,” or “U-M” preceding the name.
University departments and Sponsored Student Organization (SSO) must meet University of Michigan specifications for use of Michigan trademarks, and may not alter the Block M or any other university trademark.
- If your organization is an SSO, it is your responsibility to provide written or online verification of departmental sponsorship before table tents bearing University trademarks are submitted to SORC for placement.
- If someone from your organization submits table tent paper inserts that do not meet content or other requirements, your group is not eligible for a refund or dismissal of late fees to produce new signs that meet the requirements.
- SORC is not responsible for table tents that are lost, damaged, vandalized, or removed without authorization.
- Michigan Union custodial staff are advised to leave table tents alone, but we can't be responsible for what the many guests of the Michigan Union do.
- Advertiser is not eligible for a refund or credit for lost advertising exposure if the Advertiser fails to follow the guidlines or fails to submit the materials on time.
- If weather, staffing, facility or equipment circumstances prohibit the posting of table tents, SORC reserves the right to post the signs at a later date (as soon as possible, generally within 24 hours).
- If SORC fails to place your table tents, you are eligible for either a 100% refund of space rental or a future week for no charge (as available).
After Table Tents Come Down
SORC will hold onto Table Tents for 2 weeks after they come down. SORC does not sort them, so they will be mixed in with other organizations' ads. Please allow 15-20 minutes to sort your TTs from the others. Any TTs that are unclaimed as of 2 weeks after the reservation end date will be recycled.
If you have any questions about table tents that are not addressed here, email us. Thank you!